Thursday, July 30, 2009

Ultrasound pics!!!




Introducing.....Baby G!!! Isn't that the craziest thing to see!? So, as many of you know, T and I had an appt with a perinatologist to have various early screening tests done on Wednesday. It was T's first time "seeing" the baby (my 2nd), and boy, did he have the biggest smile on his face! It is possibly one of the craziest things to see (thus far!). The baby is only about 2 inches big, but totally looks like a little person on that screen. We saw its brain (very symmetrical, which we are told is a good sign), its rib cage, spine, stomach, umbilical cord, little arms and legs, its nose (which we were also told is a good sign), and its mouth....which was actually opening and closing like it was yawning! The baby is obviously taking after its daddy, because it was half asleep during the appt. Totally chilling with its arm behind it's head. Because it was not in the right position for her to take measurements, she had to bounce the ultrasound stick around on my stomach to get the baby moving. It was being a bit stubborn, but eventually gave in. We got its heartbeat, which is an average 155 bpm. And due to the measurements taken, it looks as though my due date has changed from Feb 9th to Feb 4th, 2010. I'm just going with early Feb...lol! (I'll be 13 weeks tomorrow!)

6 comments:

  1. I'm just about to start school and I'm going to be a medical sonographer... just hearing about your experience makes me so excited to be the one taking those pictures and being a part of people's special experience. It'll be nice to still be involved with babies, but not have to hear the crying! Like I emailed you before, let me know if you're having a hard time choosing between products because being a nanny for so many different families over the years, I've tried them all! I've even invented a few! Also, you may as well get a subscription to consumer reports (if you don't already) because it will be your best friend in choosing the big purchases. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tommy and Aimee,

    Congratulations! We were just thrilled to hear your wonderful news. Thank you so much for sharing the pictures. It is so amazing to see that little miracle up on the screen isn't it. What a blessing!

    With all our love,
    Steve, Joy, Robbie, Kevin, and Patrick

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so funny that you say that, Katie....I've already bought a book from Consumer Reports on baby products!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mannino's! It is so crazy to see that there's actually a little person inside there, Joy! I'm still slightly blown away by that. Thank you so much for the card! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!!! you already made me cry!!! Just reading your blog brought happy tears to my eyes!!! I am soo excited for you both and can't wait to see you guys in September with an adorable outfit in hand, hopefully pink...lol
    Miss You, luv you, xoxoxo
    Ps. Baby G is the cutest darm "thing" I have ever seen!!!
    Love,
    Aunt Kim :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Auntie Kim! We can't wait to see you either, it's been forever! And there's quite a few people that are on your side and hope to be buying pink as well...lol!

    Aim

    ReplyDelete