Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Rewind to Valentine's Day......


As we wait for Baby G's arrival, Tommy and I decide to go to Lenscrafters at the mall to get new glasses for him. The lady working there asked when I was due. I said, last Tuesday. Ha! That usually gets a good reaction out of people! She continued to tell me about her natural birth with her daughter and suggested that I go swimming or take a bath as a natural way to induce. So I decided, ok....lets get this going and try taking bath tonight. Well, who knew that this lady's suggestion would actually work! I talked to my mom about when she would be booking her flight at around 6pm. After getting off the phone with her, I went to go take my bath. After a very relaxing 1/2 hour in our brand new tub (which was soooo nice, by the way!), I got out and started getting dressed. As soon as I started to put my pants on, getting ready to walk the dogs and go pick up a pizza with Tommy and.......yup, my water broke. I mean, that had to be what happened! It seemed unmistakable! So I immediately called my doula and my midwife to tell them the news. This was just so crazy! Only about 15% of women's water breaks prior to contractions. After talking to them, it was decided that I would try to get a good nights sleep and call them in the morning unless anything happened otherwise. Ok, now, as I'm figuring out that, yeah, my water broke......and I tell Tommy.....we both are just so shocked that this is actually happening right now! Tommy, in turn, started to do the dishes and start some laundry. Lol! A natural reaction, I guess?! I called my mom next to tell her the news and she didn't quite believe me! I mean, I did just talk to her an hour ago! She immediately booked flights for her and my dad for the next morning. Tommy called his family to also tell them the news. Everyone is now on pins and needles just waiting to hear from us through the night. Tommy and I then had a nice carb filled pasta dinner (I'll need the energy!), a glass of wine (to relax, course!), and off to bed I went. Next thing you know, it's morning and nothing has happened. Not even a contraction. So I call my midwife and doula again and it's decided that I should go to the hospital so that they can help start contractions. This is because since my last appointment just a few days ago, I was not dialated, so I wouldn't have been now either.

Holy cow....I'm having a baby!! Stay tuned as I blog about the events that happened during the next 18 hours (or so) of my life, starting on Monday morning, February 15th......

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I've waited patiently, but now I'm demanding...I must hear the birth story...please post soon!

    ReplyDelete