Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Adventures in Jackland

Yesterday morning, Jack observed himself peeing freely for the first time.  It was too cute!  I was laying down on his changing pad to change his diaper and he kept trying to flip over onto his stomach.  This is a daily occurence, as he hates to lay down for his diaper changes.  I can really only get him to lie still first thing in the morning and last thing in the evening when he's super tired.  So here I am, rushing to get him put together, and he starts turning over and crawling off of the changing pad.  So I pick him up and stand him up thinking that I could try to get his diaper on this way. Not an impossible feat, as I have put a diaper on while he was crawling, in the past.  He's standing there, butt naked, and started to tinkle...just a little.  I was like, "Oh!".  And then he tinkled a little more.  And then it just started flowing!  And there he is looking down at his stream, just staring at it in wonder.  I didn't even bother to try to cover him up because what could I really do?  Go crazy looking for something to cover it with?  Ha!  So he just stood there, peed, then had one foot in the puddle of pee.  I just started cracking up.  And then wiped him off and on with my day!  Just another day in Jackland!! 

I obviously wasn't quick enough to get to the camera in time, but he's a little Jack for your day:

Taken a couple of months ago, when he didn't mind sitting in one place in the swings.

No comments:

Post a Comment