Wednesday, May 5, 2010

All about Jack! His first few weeks in Hoboken.

Who could resist this face?!



Well, the first few weeks were pretty good. I had my mom here for a couple of weeks after we got home, to help out. Thank you, Mom! It was great to have someone around to help clean and help with the baby while I was learning how to take care of a baby for the first time. And looking back, I'll be honest with you, I didn't find it super hard! I thought it was actually fairly "easy". I mean, considering some of the stories that you hear. Or nightmares, I should say! Jack has completely spoiled us. He would only get up once or twice during the evening to eat, he never wailed, he was amazing at his doctor appointments, he napped during the day (mommy followed suit!) and when he wasn't napping, we was just a totally happy baby. Must be the vibes that Tommy and I have been putting off since he was in our belly......seriously! I think there's something to be said for that. Overall, I felt really comfortable being a mommy. So weird to say! I really didn't think that the maternal instinct would kick in quite like it did, but thank god it did!

I recovered pretty quickly/easily from the c-section. I've heard nightmare stories there, too. I never took any drugs, because I honestly wasn't in that much pain! And I know it's too soon to even think about it....but I'm ready to get out and run again!

Such a rough life.....


Who, me?!


Our little Eddie Munster. (Cuz of that crazy widow's peak!)


Playtime with my Mimi


The new Gisondi family


A natural!


Checking out his Mimi


The new daddy on the block


The new Dude on the block


Mimi, Dude and Jack. That is one lucky grandson!


I can't tell if he was small in this picture, compared to now OR if he looks really big in this picture!


Easing into mommyhood. Looks like Jack has a few nice pillows to lay on!

No comments:

Post a Comment